Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cravings...

I didn't just put on a few pounds visiting family over the holidays, I reignited cravings - through the reintroduction of sugars and white flour to my diet. I was doing OK working through them. I was drinking my shakes, eating my pizza, making my salads, and then... I was given a sourdough beef sandwich thing and a pint of Ben and Jerry's. I happened to be rather hungry at the time, as my cravings were still being tamed, so I thought I could get by having a sandwich, and I love Ben and Jerry's, figured I could put it in my freezer and it would be OK as a treat now and again. Within an hour both were gone. Finished. The whole sandwich, the whole carton. But I am back on track today, and I will be fine, things like that aren't really a big deal, because it is so easy to get back on track, after all it's milkshakes and pizza.

No comments: